Custom Search

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Lucy Marmalade's Pink Pearls and Other Gifts

How can I resist? I just dote on Lucy Marmalade PLUS she's wearing some beautiful pink pearls PLUS her ensemble illustrates the magpie approach to fashion: here and there, high and low. Also, she's learning about gifts--both receiving and giving.

Hmmmm. Is part of the bliss of having a daughter that I have another person on whom to bestow thrift store finds? A rather disquieting thought. But check out this post: Lucy is wearing a Missoni sweater I thrifted a while back (yes, the famous Goodwill). Orange is not my color, so I couldn't wear it. I even tried to sell it on Ebay; would you believe that no one was interested? It has the label and all...

Perhaps there is an element of karma in the fact that Lucy and I have different coloring. Maybe that Missoni sweater was just waiting for her to appreciate it (she turned it down the first few times).

And Lucy's posts are early Mother's Day gifts to me. Thanks Lucy M.

6 comments:

Susan B said...

Wow, your daughter is so lovely and stylish! The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, I'll bet.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Lucy looks very current and has a hip vibe going on...She's gorgeous and her hair is lovely, I am thinking that there is some Celtic blood in the family gene pool.

Duchesse said...

This was of course a delightful post. The pearls have found their rightful place and are so beautiful on her!

Shelley said...

You are blessed to have such a lovely daughter.

Anonymous said...

I do love to see redheads wearing more daring colours. My younger daughter does, like your Lucy (and orange and purple). My mother, on the other hand, would never ever have worn any form of pink. Obviously a generational issue!

Frugal Scholar said...

@DejaPseu--So nice of you to say that. I lack her confidence, alas.

@hostess--No Celtic blood. Appearances can be deceiving...

@Duchesse--Glad you liked it. Did you catch "benevolent Goddess"???

@Shelley--I know it.

@Alienne--Hi again. That whole age group is so daring. Love it!