Custom Search

Thursday, September 3, 2015

If Janice Can Do It, I Can Do It

Pretty much everyone in the entire universe reads and learns from the Vivienne Files, right? Well, in case you missed it, Janice is now thinking of selling some of her beautiful Hermes scarves.

Well, if she can de-accession items of such beauty and quality, why am I having so much trouble donating...let's see, a St John sweater with a hole in it in an unflattering color? A camouflage jumpsuit that I thought Frugal Son would like for a Halloween costume? An Armani sport jacket that is cut way too big for the men in my life? You get the idea.

Guess what? All these items came to me courtesy of the thrift store. I did some good for a charity by buying them. I can double my goodness (so to speak) by giving them back to be sold to the next person (except the St J, which will probably go--via the thrift store--to a bulk fabric buyer).

Really, if Janice can say good-bye to such beautiful things, I should be able to do the same to my motley collection.

Thank you, Janice, for the inspiration.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can do it - be strong!

Unknown said...

Hmm - what unflattering color is the St John sweater, what size, and where is the hole? ;-)

Frugal Scholar said...

@exacting--I want to be like you in my next life.
@unknown--ORANGE! Size v small.

Atlantic said...

Having been over at the house of friends (elegant, uncluttered, beautiful, peaceful) and returning to my abode (none of the above) I had to realize that I am hanging on to potentially useful things at the price of my entire environment being ugly. A high price to pay for me. Let'd hope that inspires a return to my former self that had uncluttered peaceful spaces!

Good luck--my sense is that this sweater is dragging you down. Donate.

Unknown said...

Ah, too bad. My chest is, alas, not v small ;-)