Custom Search

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Politics at the Dentist's Office: The Saga Ends

Since I reported on my on-going time-waste with Chico's customer service, I thought I should mention the blessed ending of my argument with the oral surgeon. You may recall that I objected to the presence of anti-Healthcare Reform literature in his waiting room. Aside from the fact that he should not politicize his office, the material was xeroxed from some right-wing blogger--not exactly a vetted source.

Anyway, when I had my last visit with the oral surgeon, he APOLOGIZED and said he had taken the material out of his office. Of course he did so when I had just had a dose of nitrous oxide and had my mouth wide open. A vulnerable state.

Usually, complaints and customer service issues end up being complete time-wastes that make you feel worse.

WOW!

7 comments:

Duchesse said...

I'm happy this one had a good resolution because as I recall you liked his work. Sometimes I think we're better off not knowing the beliefs of some of our trusted caregivers.

Frugal Scholar said...

@Duchesse--that's exactly it!

Shelley said...

Now that's what I call a professional response. Well done, him!

Mary said...

Good for you for speaking up and good for him for responding he way he should!

Daddy Paul said...

I agree politics has no place in the dentist office. I had a gal clean my teeth a few years ago telling me how wonderful Obama was. When she mentioned Hillary or Bush she got plain nasty and started picking pretty hard. I was not in much of a position to say anything. I called the dentist office to complain the next week and she had been let go.

Frugal Scholar said...

@DP==i'd hate to think of someone getting fired because of me...The hygienist is not in a position of power--as opposed to my oral surgeon who is.

Richard C. Lambert said...

Since I reported on my on-going time-waste with Chico's customer service, I thought I should mention the blessed ending of my argument with the oral surgeon affordable dentist