Custom Search

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A Gift from Italy: Stale Bread Pizza

On a little procrastination break, I was perusing the New York Times. For some reason, I clicked on a story about a glamorous woman who has a restaurant empire: Donatella is her name. There was a picture of one of her specialties--stale bread pizza--which I immediately knew was in my future meal plans. We have tons of stale bread since Mr. FS has been baking for many years.

To my delight, they gave us the recipe!

Not only a recipe, but a blog post.

Whoever tries this first: how is it? I'll report back soon.

3 comments:

Duchesse said...

I'm leaving 15 slices of bread out till dry, then rehydrating them. Why not make pizza dough? (And I confess I buy it, it's great.) Will be eager to hear how you like it.

Over the Cubicle Wall said...

I'll be giving that a try.

Frugal Scholar said...

@Duchesse-I HATE working with dough of any sort. Plus, I love stale bread cuisine because we have so much bread.

@Cubilce--Let me know how it comes out. I won't get to this till the weekend.