For some reason, I wrote a post yesterday about an hour after emerging from anesthesia. I'm afraid to reread it! Judging from the comments, I must not have made the point I thought I was making. So Readers, I will respond to those comments tomorrow and I apologize for shooting out a post in 15 minutes in a somewhat drugged state.
Since words can often fail us, I will offer up some more numbers, mostly updates on my earlier list. I find numbers comforting, but, of course, they can be as ambiguous and difficult to interpret as words.
1. Talbots stock price--$5.01 (unchanged).
*No, I didn't buy any stock and no, the clothes though nice still don't fit me.
2. Edmund Andrews's book Busted has an Amazon sales rank of 11,393. He's moving up! Maybe my blog is more influential than I had supposed.
3. The twin of my thrift store little Longchamp Pliage bag (same size, color) sold for $42.00 on Ebay.
4. Here's my frugal moment of the week. Number of 13 oz. bags of coffee and chicory I bought when it was on sale for an unprecedented $1.69: 42.
*No, I did NOT clear the shelves; there are hundreds left.
5. Number of times I have started Dosteovsky's The Brothers Karamazov: 6.
6. Page I am up to in The Brothers Karamazov: 14.
7. Pages still to go: 762.