Custom Search

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Cell Phone and Rice: Further Instructions for the Frugal Cure

Mr. FS has some additions to my ecstatic rescued cell phone post.

It's not quite as simple as dumping the cell phone in a bag of rice--but it's still plenty simple. First, be sure not to turn the phone on, because you don't want to short out the circuits. Second, remove the battery. It doesn't hurt to put the battery in the rice with the phone. And that's about it. The little screen on our phone was full of water, but the rice got rid of it all, so this really works.

You can Google some variation of "rice dry cell phone" for more elaborate directions and discussions.

P.S. As per Shelley's query: I would wash the rice (as in the Asian tradition) and cook it!

4 comments:

Duchesse said...

Off the topic, but Frugal Son lift a comment on my blog. I am SO honoured.

Duchesse said...

oops that was"left", I was pretty excited.

Frugal Scholar said...

@Duchesse--He may be wise beyond his years??? He DOES know good writing when he sees it.

Over the Cubicle Wall said...

If the South has taught me anything about what can be done with food, when in doubt, deep fry. Maybe a sort of rangoon.

Bummer on missing out on the crawfish. They are equally as scarce as they are expensive up here. Crawfish on Good Friday at Whitey's was an office tradition when I lived down there.