Custom Search

Sunday, February 13, 2011

What I have in common with the Editor of Architectural Digest: Thrift!

Every now and again, I get a free subscription to this luxury magazine via unusable Frequent Flier miles. My subscription just ended, and I'm too cheap to subscribe; I can always read it at the library.

I was interested in this article about the chic and beautiful new editor, who is supposed to bring the magazine to a younger, hipper readership. I guess that is not me.

Read this piece on the New editor

Another frugal soul mate: I eat peanut butter sandwiches for lunch every day.

Do you have a frugal soul mate?

4 comments:

Duchesse said...

I love the quote, "It's not a character flaw if you don't have good taste."

I've always felt my soul mate is Alice Roosevelt Longworth.

Shelley said...

Aren't libraries wonderful for magazine reading!? And the article said the new editor was very hard working! And her bookshelf looks just like ours! What fun...

Who was it that said one doesn't have good or bad taste, one either has taste or one does not? Glad to hear it's not a character flaw in any case...

SewingLibrarian said...

Call me cynical, but I doubt that PBJ sandwich came from home. More likely from a deli...

Frugal Scholar said...

@Duchesse--Sounds like an appropriate soul mate for you!

@Shelley--I think that was the previous editor, Paige Rense--not sure though.

@Sewing--Yeah-that occurred to me too. My sandwiches aren't wrapped in white paper. Still, it's the thought that counts, right?