Custom Search

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My Frugal Birthday

Happy Birthday to me.

Let's see, I got birthday wishes from husband and son. That's good, because husband sometimes forgets. Dear daughter called and sent TWO emails, one promising me a year of haircuts (she's very good at cutting). So the family part is perfect.

Banana Republic sent me my yearly $15.00 gift card. This is sent to all who hold the BR credit card. It does not seem to be linked to how much you spend; I spend less than $100.00 most years. I bought a sweater. The frugal forces of the universe gave me a birthday during the very month that things are marked down!

I am 55 and so am now eligible for the 15% senior discount at Goodwill. The paperbacks have just gone from 5 for $1.00 to 5 for .85.

For my gift to myself, I went to Habitat and bought 4 pairs of clip-on earrings for .50 each. Habitat has a half off sale for the month of January, which I believe is in honor of my birthday. Thanks Habitat.


And my best present of all came from Washington DC. Thank you America.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know Goodwill offered this discount--I'll have to check it out.

Anonymous said...

And Happy Birthday--I have 5 months to go until I hit this "magic" age.

Frugal Scholar said...

Thanks Terri! I think the discount may be New Orleans area only. Good luck in your area.

Chance said...

Happy happy belated birthday! You did get the best birthday present of all yesterday from America. I'm gonna harass Goodwill about that discount, I forgot about it and I do think it is nationwide - if yes, score!

Frugal Scholar said...

Thanks, Chance. I had dinner with my son last night and he mentioned that he loved your post on knitting.