Custom Search

Friday, May 27, 2011

Do You Shoe Goo?

This product has saved us tons of money over the years. Why have I not mentioned it before? Because it's in Mr FS's department.

Miss Em--packing for her trip to Italy--asked "Can you fix my shoes?" YES! Shoe Goo to the rescue!

Mr FS has been using this product since--well, before I met him. It has always been a part of our relationship. He probably repaired some shoes for me back in graduate school.

Do you have any similar frugal lifesavers in your pantry?

3 comments:

Shelley said...

I've heard of this stuff, but never seen it around England. I took a pair of loafers to the cobblers the other day to see how much it would cost to mend them. He examined the flapping sole, the worn edge just beyond it and the well creased uppers, then told me I should save my money, they were past the point of repair. I really appreciated his honesty and will take any ailing shoes to him...perhaps sooner next time. Then again, I wore those for at least 5-6 years and I got them at Payless to start with, so I'm sure I got good use for the money I paid.

Frugal Scholar said...

@Shelley--I think you got your money's worth out of the shoes!

Duchesse said...

My skateboarding son used it; I don't wear goo-able soled shoes. Care, plus a great shoemaker equals long term savings. There's something deeply satisfying to me about shining shoes. It was my chore as a young child and still have the same metal shoeshine box, over 50 years later.