Custom Search

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Good Deals (if you need the stuff): Paula Begoun, Ballard Design, Walgreens

Far be if from me to tell you that spending money is saving money. Still, if you need the stuff, it's a good thing to get it on sale. And even if you just want the stuff, well...if you can manage it in your budget, you can quote King Lear.

Paula's Choice. Miss Em was just bugging me to get her more sunscreen. I noticed it was on sale. As of today it is MORE on sale. PLUS FREE SHIPPING over $20.00. PLUS--and this is a little trick I just learned--ADDITIONAL 15% off if you link through her Beautypedia site.

Ballard Design. Honestly, I am hesitant about buying furniture and the like from beautiful catalog pics. I did buy some burlap curtain panels on super sale a few months ago. I ordered one too few panels (moment of dementia). The panels went way up. As of yesterday, and for only today and tomorrow, if you link through the Facebook page, you get 20% off. I think the curtains are a good deal--relatively speaking.

Walgreens--If you need contact solution, they have some for $7.99. After you buy it, the register spits out a coupon for the full purchase price. QUICK! Go back and buy something you need if you are prone to forget the slips of paper residing in your wallet.

Big Lots--My BL has a slew of Bob's Red Mill stuff. I was so happy! Then I saw the prices: quinoa $8.50 for 26 oz. That's somewhat less than retail, but I got some from Amazon much cheaper on a one-day sale. I did buy oat groats for $3.00 for 54 oz.


From King Lear.


O reason not the need! Our basest beggars
Are in the poorest thing superfluous.
Allow not nature more than nature needs,
Man's life is as cheap as beast's. Thou art a lady:
If only to go warm were gorgeous,
Why, nature needs not what thou gorgeous wear'st,
Which scarcely keeps thee warm.


Any good deals in your neck of the woods?

No comments: